Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Tuscan Lemon Chicken

Being the mother of a six year old often means that we sacrifice eating the foods we love so that she can eat the foods that she loves. Although she loves things like lettuce, broccoli, and celery, she refuses to eat anything potato except for French fries. So dinner can often be a challenge. On most days, I can make any type of chicken and she will eat it as long as she can dip it in ranch. My husband does the same. They never appreciate the taste of the chicken. They just slather it in ranch dressing.
Well my friends, I got a standing ovation for last nights creation. Not only did my husband love the chicken, but my daughter told me for over an hour how yummy it is. She helped me to make this delicious chicken because that is how simple it truly is. Here's what you will need:

8 chicken breasts
olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp rosemary (crushed)
2 lemons to be squeezed
1 Tbsp minced garlic

On a baking dish, cover chicken with olive oil. Add salt, pepper and rosemary. Squeeze two lemons over the chicken breast and add a bit of minced garlic to each chicken breast.
Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer each breast to a pan of hot olive oil to brown. And Voila! Family Friendly Chicken.

This really is a must try recipe! Hannah suggested we make it again today she loved it so much, but I suggested that we wait until maybe next week.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment