Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

14 weeks

     Tomorrow I will be 14 weeks pregnant. It's still so very hard to believe. So far, I have been blessed with an easy pregnancy. No morning sickness. Only a bit of fatigue that I manage to battle very well. But this pregnancy has given us deadlines for projects that didn't exist before. For example, when we bought our 2 bed, 1 bathroom house over a year ago, it was with the stipulation that the attached garage be converted into a master bedroom. Later we decided to add a master suite as well. Why not? We live here and plan to for quite some time. My husband and a few of his buddies are helping with the renovations but it was a slow process. We were in no hurry. But now, we need a nursery for the little bundle of joy growing inside my belly. So now it's crunch time. And my husband has been working hard. He poured a new concrete foundation for the bedroom, put up exterior walls, and last night, he started building our new pantry. The old pantry is right next to where our master bathroom is going to be and we wanted to make it just a bit bigger. I am so excited about all the projects but at the same time very nervous. There is so much to do:

Build the master bedroom
Build the master bathroom
Fix the hole in the wall behind the tv
Build the pantry
Fence in a portion of our yard (the dogs need outside space badly!)
Install new flooring and paint the nursery
Purchase and install blinds in the bedrooms to block the morning and evening sunlight
Baby proof everything

    On top of this list, is my worry list about all the things the baby will need. I have been blessed so far with a few free items or cheap items. I have a crib with bedding, a diaper champ, a changing pad, toys, high chair, newborn bottles, calming swing and a few other items. But I still have mounds of diapers to purchase, clothes for baby and for me, and so many other items.

    But today I am grateful for the progress my husband made on the new pantry last night. Here is a sneak peek!



No comments:

Post a Comment