Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bingo Tuesday

Let me explain about Bingo Tuesday. Every first Tuesday of the month (or in our case every other month) one of Hannah's parents has to work Bingo at the K.C. Hall in Granite City. Now this probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't maditory. However, Hannah's school, Holy Family, requires you to volunteer for Bingo or the Fish Frys in order for your child to attend the school. It's already bad enough that I get nickled and dimed any time Hannah's school has a fund-raiser, or the book fair is in town, or the school carnival is coming, or the school needs a registration fee or materials fee, etc. I have already given a good chunk of my money to this school and on top of that, they require me to work Bingo as a volunteer. I'm concerned about the education of the prinicipal of this school. Webster Dictionary defines volunteer as: one who enters into, or offers for, any service of his own free will. Last I checked, I did not "offer" to work Bingo every other month from 7-10pm on a Tuesday night after a full 8.5 hour work day "of my own free will". If I do not attend a Bingo, I am charged an extra $100. I think I would be more than willing to do Bingo if my choice were a Saturday or Sunday with reasonable hours. As it stands, I leave straight from work and head to Bingo early, thankfully the caller, Clarence, has allowed me to work 5:30-8:30 because I work my butt off when I am there. So I leave work, go straight to Bingo for 3 hours, and come home often too late to kiss my little girl goodnight. It's hard not to be able to hear about Hannah's day, fix her dinner, help her with homework, bathe her, and tuck her into bed. Luckily I got to kiss her goodnight tonight. But for all the other parents who are just now leaving Bingo, I'm sure their babies are sound asleep and they will have to creep into their rooms just to kiss them goodnight. I needed to officially rant about Bingo because it drives me nuts and the one time I ask my husband to go, he doesn't. So I will now be doing a make-up day for the one HE missed. My bedroom had better resemble a palace when it's done because that is the only reason I won't kill him for making me do every... and I mean EVERY Bingo this year so far.


Stay tuned! Hannah's Spring Concert is Thursday and she is singing a variation of Katy Perry's "Fireworks". I don't believe any Katy Perry song should be adapted to a Kindergarten School Concert but Hannah is overly excited and that what matters. But I can't wait for the concert to be over because if I have to her Hannah belt out "Baby you're a fireeeeeworrrrk!" one more time, I'm gonna let my "collooorrs buuurrsttt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment